Star Cutter Company was founded in 1927 by Howard B. Lawton and Frank Burgess. The company was started in a leased portion of the a building on Epworth Boulevard in Detroit, Michigan. During this first year of operation Star Cutter Company employed nine to ten employees. The main customers in 1927 were Chrysler and Chevrolet Gear and Axle.
Leading the Cutting Tool Industry
From this small beginning, Star Cutter Company has developed into a world leader in the cutting tool industry with six manufacturing facilities within five manufacturing divisions, which produce seven product lines. Each manufacturing facility specializes in producing a specific type of product or service.
Building a Network of Cutting Tool Experts
Headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, the Star Cutter Company partners with Star SU LLC enterprise for marketing, sales, and service. Through Star SU and StarCut Sales, Inc.'s international organization Star Cutter Company markets and services its products in North America, South America, Europe and the Far East.
Today, Star Cutter Company has grown to nearly 500 employees, with manufacturing plants in Elk Rapids, MI, Lewiston, MI, Ossineke, MI, and Tawas, MI, and offices in Farmington Hills, MI.