Star Cutter Company has been in the cutting tool industry for over 90 years. That rich history has allowed Star Engineers to truly understand the needs of tool manufacturers. Today's offerings from Star builds upon over 35 years of experience engineering and building CNC tool grinders.
About Star Tool Grinders
Star engineered their first CNC machine tool for form grinding to support their hob manufacturing facility. From there, the engineering team expanded designs and introduced the ATG, Star’s first 5-Axis CNC tool and cutter grinder in 1985. Popular in tool room applications, Star built over 200 ATGs during the machine's life cycle, and some are still used in production today. In the early days, engineering and design of tool grinders was done in Elk Rapids, Michigan, while assembly took place in Grayling. In the late 1980s, engineering and assembly consolidated into one site in Elk Rapids, where it remains today, supporting the industry with the NXT and UTG product offerings. Our renovated, 30,000 square foot space is home to a dedicated team, here to serve you.
- We start by collecting data and specific information for your project.
- We set a budget with your team and a review the cost effectiveness of the solution, ensuring the value stream additions.
- Star’s team kicks off the project, involving the customer throughout with project management, engineering design reviews, and transparent communication.
- The machine is delivered with your solution so that your customer’s needs can be met.
- We move forward with applications and service, continuing to support our strategic relationship.
- Star brings a strong management team with over 100 years of manufacturing experience
- We work hard to understand your needs, relying heavily on our 35-year history of designing and manufacturing tool grinders and our experience using those machines to make tools.
- Our assembly team has refined their processes to ensure our lead times are competitive and our delivery dates to customers are met.
- The applications team has knowledge and documented processes for a wide variety of industry demands and always willing to work through an idea.
- With your machine, comes the guarantee from Star that we will be there for you for years to come.
- Consistently here in your time of need to ensure you equipment uptime is optimized.
- Onsite and virtual software training and support to tackle your toughest projects.
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction.