The NXT generation of tool grinding has arrived
NXT Tool Grinder
The NXT is a small footprint machine, with a large grind zone, an ability to run small and large diameter wheels. It uses less moving parts and easily configurable option in a modular design, at a competitive price point.
Get a Quote
The Star NXT Tool Grinder
Small Footprint Machine with a Large Grind Zone
The NXT generation of tool grinding has arrived. The NXT Tool Grinder is a small footprint machine, with a large grind zone. The machine has the ability to run small and large diameter wheels, has easily configurable options, combined with the efficiency and stability from previous Star tool grinders.
Learn more about the engineering process that went into developing the NXT in Star Cutter News.
Explore the NXT below, by clicking the X icons:
The three available spindle options support all needs ranging from light duty manufacturing to heaving fluting and all-purpose manufacturing.
A large grind zone, that provides the ability to run small and large diameter wheels.
The NXT offers both standard and extended length tooling rails, which allows for the use of rail mounted steady rests and tailstocks at various tool lengths.
Robot gripper: capable of holding tools from 5 to 32mm in diameter. Optional gripper fingers available for gripping sizes below 5 mm and above 32 mm.
Optional 12,000 RPM wheel dresser: for manufacturers who intend to produce and maintain precision contours in grinding wheels
What the market has been asking for
With the introduction of the Star NXT CNC tool and cutter grinder, manufacturers now have what the market has been asking for: a small footprint machine, with a large grind zone, that provides the ability to run small and large diameter wheels. The NXT combines the best aspects of our previous machines, with a modular design that offers easily configurable options and a competitive price
point. With industry leading NUMROTO software on a machine manufactured and supported in the USA, the NXT is the smallest and most capable CNC tool and cutter grinder on the market.
A Common Platform
- Focused design to deliver a maximized grind zone with a minimal footprint
- Travels: X: 500mm [19.7”], Y: 650mm [25.6”], Z: 750mm [29.5”]
- Capable of 15” end work, 10” diameter parts, utilizing up to 8” wheels
- Machine centered wheel changing capability with up to (5) storage locations
- Auto-lube grease system for worry free maintenance n High resolution linear glass scales
- Linear motors instead of ball screws to eliminate backlash, friction effects, and drive vibration
- 24 hour service response time
- Manufactured in the USA
- Grinding spindle options
|Base Machine Dimensions (L x W x H)||mm||2300 x 2032 x 2284|
|Total Weight: Base Machine||kg||5,964|
|Maximum Workpiece Diameter *||mm||254|
|Maximum Grind Length, End Work||mm||381|
|Maximum Grind Length, Fluting||mm||406|
|C - Axis Headstock Spindle 360° Rotation||rpm||1000|
|B - Axis Grinding Spindle Swivel +/- 120°||rpm||12|
|X - Axis Horizontal Travel||mm||506|
|X - Axis Travel Speed||m/min||50|
|Y - Axis Vertical Travel||mm||650|
|Y - Axis Travel Speed||m/min||50|
|Z - Axis Horizontal Travel||mm||768|
|Z - Axis Travel Speed||m/min||50|
|Grinding Spindle Max. Speed||rpm||20,000|
|Peak Spindle Power||kw||28|
|Grinding Wheel Diameter (Wheel Changing) **||mm||203.2|
|Smallest Programmable Movement - Linear||mm||0.001|
|Linear Axis Glass Scale Feedback Resolution||mm||0.00001|
|Smallest Programmable Movement - Rotary||degree||0.0001|
|Rotary Axis Feedback Resolution: A-axis||degree||0.000068|
|Rotary Axis Feedback Resolution: B-axis||degree||0.00000006|
- Grinding Spindles
- Asynchronous, Auto HSK50, 7.5KW
- Synchronous, Auto HSK50, 15KW
- Synchronous, Auto HSK50, 28KW
- Robot Automation
- Capable of auto loading 5-32mm parts with one gripper assembly
- Capacity for holding (4) pallets
- Extended tool rail: 24” length (standard 17.3”)
- On machine truing and dressing motor
- CNC W-Axis for travel of tool support options along the Z-Axis
- Manual and automatic tailstock designs
- Hydraulic actuated steady rest support
- Extended capabilities to hold and regrind gundrills up to 48”
The NXT Tool Grinder features the best grinding software available worldwide: NUMROTOplus
- Full library of available software to tackle the most demanding cutting tool designs
- Free software version updates for the life of your NXT
- USA based application support team for training and trouble shooting
The GDS μGrind Chuck
This automatic blank clamping system lets you virtually eliminate both radial and axial runout without special tools or skill. Interchangable collets from 3 to 20 mm allow you to change diameters in seconds and maintain a 2µm repeatability. The Star Applications team has tested this with our automation package, and found repeatability of the TIR and clamping length between blank loads to be less than 2µm as advertised . . . sometimes even less than 1µm!